The Guild of Students is the Recognised Student Government on Campus. The Guild Council is the recognised means of communication between students as a body, and the authorities of the University, with Guild Council members serving on major Campus and University Bodies.
It is very important as students
to have a voice on campus to represent your rights, interests and
concerns throughout your university life. According to its Constitution the objectives of the Guild are:
- For the furthering of educational and social purposes of
the University of the West Indies.
- For the furthering of the common interest of members of
the Guild of Students.
- The advancement and promotion of unity and fraternity
among the members of the Guild.
All matriculated students pursuing a course of study at the University of the West Indies are full members of the Guild of
Students, including graduate students even though they may have
become members of the Guild of Graduates.
Full Members of the Guild shall have the following privileges:
- The right to frequent the Students’ Union and to enjoy all
its facilities and amenities.
- The right to vote at all Guild Elections and to stand for
election for any office in the Guild except when debarred
by lack of any special qualification.
- The right to wear the official University colours.
- The right to frequent the games fields and enjoy all the
facilities and amenities offered.
- The right to participate in all activities sponsored by the
- Such other rights as may be conferred by this Constitution
from time to time.
Guild facilities include snack and drink machines, food service (open everyday until 7pm), Hair Salon, Smoothie Bar and Guild Bar.
The Publications Committee provides an integral and active component of student life on Campus. With publications such as THE CAVE Newspaper
, Fresher's Guide
and the Calendar of Events
as examples, students are well informed of all aspects of Campus Life. Your contribution of articles, things of interest, ideas and comments for the publication is always welcome. These submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org